Direct export of wooden wall, floor, roof frames, and trusses from Revit® to Weinmann® machines
One of the leading manufacturers of state-of-the-art machinery, equipment, and systems for timber houses, WEINMANN offers a perfectly coordinated production line for efficient wood framing processing. WEINMANN machines for wood working are used all over the world: in Europe, Australia, Africa, South America, etc.
AGACAD’s Weinmann BTL and BTLx Exporter allows manufacturers of timber house frames to predefine operations and rules for automated CNC machines, including sawing, drilling, trimming, and marking operations for every framing member – directly from Revit. Walls, floors, roof framing members, trusses, or individual framing elements can be exported using this application.
BTL and BTLx formats are free standards for timber fabrication typically for processing beams that are more detailed and complex. Whereas BTLx is a newer format that describes parts in a machine-independent geometry format and is not yet widespread, the BTL file extension is used worldwide (and not only in Weinmann machines), so the existing installation can easily be adapted if need be.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2022, 2021, 2020
The Weinmann BTL and BTLx Exporter must be used with AGACAD Wood Framing Software, which creates the framing elements with all the necessary geometry and information data within the Revit project. Exported files can be viewed and checked with free BTL viewers.
Below is an example of a floor frame created using Wood Framing Floor and then exported to Weinmann BTL machine:
Result in the free BTL viewer:
The BTL file contains all needed operations and information for cutting.
AGACAD’s Weinmann BTL and BTLx application generates BTL and BTLx extension files readable by automated Weinmann CNC machines.
Wall, floor, roof main frames, trusses, and individual framing elements can be exported using this app.
- Selected wall, floor, roof frames, and trusses can be exported from a Revit model to a WEINMANN BTL and BTLx file with just one click. Elements can also be exported from schedules: →
- In the BTL viewer you can see all operations in detail, including sawing, drilling, trimming, and marking of every member of a given frame. For example, here hip jack rafters have been exported with all information in detail:
- Processing definitions include: drilling, cutting, tenon, longitudinal cutting, pocketing, marking, texting, and other.
- Installation includes settings where you can define CNC file locations, project information parameters, identification and marking of elements, CNC command naming, etc.
- Using AGACAD CNC Exporter for Weinmann BTL and BTLx, you can automate element identification and marking for plates, rim joists, girders,
studs, joists, and columns.
- All settings can be saved and used for other projects.