BIM software for heavy timber post-and-beam framing design, construction, and fabrication in Revit®
Wood Framing OAK lets Revit® users instantly frame mass timber walls, floors, and roofs; create post-and-beam (also called post-and-lintel) framing structures; perform structural analysis; generate custom shop drawings for manufacturing and constructing log houses or heavy timber frame homes; and optionally export to CNC machine.
Functions are versatile, parameters easy to control, and changes occur in real time. No more drafting – just design and decide, knowing you’ll get a high-quality model.
Compatible with Autodesk® Revit® 2022, 2021, 2020
Read the workflow for framing a heavy timber building in Revit using Wood Framing OAK.
- Set up configurations and standards for creating wall, floor, and roof frames using heavy timbers.
- Auto-generate truss framing and define detailed, multi-layer rafters in a snap using fully customizable rules and templates.
- Distribute & manage details for creating plank-and-beam framing connections with cuts common for heavy timber / oak frames using Smart Connections.
- Easily prepare shop drawings and cut lists with all required views and where elements are dimensioned, sorted, tagged, scheduled, and mass is calculated.
- Export post-&-beam framing elements and details to a CNC machine or CAD/CAM production line. Read more about CNC Exporters for timber frames in Revit.