Powerful Truss Automation for all of your design tasks.
Generate light gauge steel truss systems for roofs of any shape, perform structural analysis, and auto-generate shop drawings. Functions of Metal Framing Truss+ are versatile, parameters easy to control, and changes occur in real time. It’s a potent BIM workflow booster: no more drafting – just decide and design.
Roof Panel Layout
Enable easy roof panel planning and splitting into segments for prefabrication, which can then be used in the roof framing process.
- Panel Layout Planning functions let you better understand how a roof will be divided. Users can control every division line and can predefine rules to automate the division process.
- Initially an architectural roof can be divided into coarse partitions, or regions. Regions can be created automatically based on the ends of roof ridges and the bottom ends of valley rafters as well as windows and generic or system openings with predefined distances.
- Regions can be divided into panels using predefined spacing.
- Panels can be aligned and modified for an individual roof side or region and additionally split.
- A variety of automated splitting functions make it easy to get the needed result. Panels can be split in half a variety of ways: by maximum spacing, from the middle to both ends, in the middle and to both ends, from the initially selected end, or from both ends.
- Selected regions or panels can be joined, if needed.
- Creates individual panels for the selected roof side or for the whole roof.
- The full roof panels can later be taken to a new phase via their properties for better filtering and scheduling.
for prefabricated panels
Automate metal framing roof work in Revit® projects. Robust features allow you to efficiently frame metal roofs, complete with roof joists, battens, valley joists, roof boards, and more. Plus, the software automates shop drawings, including sorting, tagging, dimensioning, and scheduling all frames.
- Create your own rules and templates and use them for detailed, multi-layer, metal roof framing creation in Revit models.
- Frame large roofs 10x faster than using regular Revit features.
- Manage joists, rim joists, nogging, bridging, blocking, and bracing placement, and configure openings, details, service hole positions, and more.
- Auto-distribute battens, secondary frames, and roofing.
- Revise your Revit model as needed, simply by selecting the elements and properties you want to modify.
- Track down structural and engineering clashes.
- Cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- Generate shop drawings and cut lists with just one click. Get real-time take-offs and views, plus automatic sorting and dimensioning.
- Export to CNC machine.
- Roof frames and shop drawings update and adapt to any changes.
- Carry out structural analysis without leaving Revit.
for rafter structures
Automate metal framing work with rafter roofs in Revit® projects. Powerful, flexible, and easy to use. It helps you make optimal choices, move much faster, and avoid errors at every BIM stage – from design and documentation to fabrication and construction.
- Automatically split an architectural roof by faces.
- Create detailed, multi-layer, metal rafter roof framing in a snap for your Revit model using fully customizable rules and templates.
- Frame an entire roof based on its 3D model including hip/valley rafters, ridges, girders, collars, battens, horizontal beams, sleepers, trimmers, etc.
- Auto-detect and frame roof openings, and cope ends of existing beams.
- Freely revise your Revit model by easily selecting the elements and properties you want to modify.
- Find structural and engineering clashes. Cut and frame openings according to predefined rules.
- One-click generation of shop drawings and cut lists. Get real-time take-offs and views, plus automatic sorting and dimensioning.
- Optional export to any CNC machine and CAD/CAM production line, such as Pinnacle, etc.
- Roof frames and shop drawings update and adapt according to any changes.
- Perform structural analysis without leaving Revit or export your metal frames to external analysis software at any stage of the design process.
Create openings with fire safety components throughout a Revit® model where ducts, pipes, cable trays and conduits intersect with walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams and columns. Cut Opening creates openings with special holding details for structural beams.
- Automatically creates openings where ducts, pipes, cable trays, or conduits intersect walls, floors, roofs, ceilings, beams, or columns.
- Automatically adds openings with predefined sizes in accordance with MEP line-based element sizes, categories, and system classifications.
- Automatically joins openings with predefined configurations.
- Automatically inserts structural openings for separate architectural and structural models.
- Enhances BIM-team work and deliverables for integrated project delivery (IPD).
Renumber Revit® elements just the way you want, detect and renumber grids, determine swing direction and orientation (and add them as properties), recalculate shared coordinates, and much more.
- Detects and renumbers grid geometry.
- Renumbers grids automatically after they have been changed in the project.
- Powerful and flexible functions allow renumbering of any Revit elements (Doors, Windows, Beams, Columns, Pipes, etc.) in a number of different ways.
- Writes swing direction for doors into the door’s properties.
- Writes flip/mirror orientation for the selected elements.
- Recalculates shared X, Y, Z coordinates.
- Possibility of saving numbering settings under a separate name.
- Possibility of sorting elements in ascending/descending order.
- Creates new shared parameters, and many more functions.
Get sections and elevation drawings for any building element easily using functions that create views and dimensions for selected elements quickly.
- Uses configurations instead of manual work
- Crops views to the element size
- Creates automatic dimensions based on defined configurations
- Applies view templates to all new views
- Creates the number of views you set in the configurations for multiple selected elements
- Renames views based on configurations
- Apply dimensioning rules to any Revit view or selected elements in view